Explanation of Visitors/Volunteers/Chaperones
Visitor: A person who visits school on occasion.(Example: Field Day, 100 day, Science day, etc)
NO Does not need to fill out an Application Form.
Chaperone: Parent, guardian or family member who chaperones a field trip but will NOT volunteer with students in any other capacity:
YES needs to fill a Field Trip Chaperone Application Form & Confidentiality Agreement
Volunteer: A person who donates his/her time on an ongoing basis. (Example: Friday Folders, helps in classroom, etc)
YES needs to fill a Volunteer Application Form & Confidentiality Agreement
- ALL those who would like to volunteer on an on going basis need to complete an online training. He/she will get an email with the training link which is to be completed within 30 days. (Spanish training is available).
- Parent/guardian applications are valid for the time period that the student is at school. (Fill it out in K, good until 5th grade)
- Volunteers & Chaperones MUST sign the Confidentiality Agreement yearly.
- Volunteers & Chaperones MUST have emergency contact information submitted (In case of an Emergency)
- Write your grade on the top of each Form you submit. Example K, 4, etc…
- I will share a Google Sheet with you all, organized by grades. If you don’t see a particular parent that you know submitted the Application Form, that might be because it is incomplete. I will leave those Applications with JaLane.
- Please allow a week for me to screen and enter the chaperones/volunteers information.
- Lastly, be considerate and check the applications before you submit them for missing/incorrect information!
- NO last minute forms PLEASE! If you know your grade has a field trip, start recruiting chaperones ASAP!