The type and amount of homework depends on the grade level. Your child will bring home class work, assigned readings and research projects. Your child may also be asked to finish work at home that was not completed during class. You can help by reviewing the assignments with your child making sure that all assigned work has been completed. If you are concerned that your child has too much or too little homework, please contact the teacher.
Students in grades 3-5 will write their daily assignments in this special homework notebook agenda purchased at the beginning of the school year. Teachers may have a website they use to update homework daily. Please check with your homeroom teachers for the site name and format.
In general, the amount of Homework over four nights and the time spent on it should be as follows:
- Kinder:15 min + 15 min of reading (or being read to)
- First: 20 min + 20 min of reading (or being read to)
- Second: 30 min + 20 min of reading (or being read to)
- Third: 45 min + 20 min of reading
- Fourth: 60 min + 30 min of reading
- Fifth: 60 min + 30 min of reading