Check out our new website!
Go to www.keypta.org for the latest news and announcements!
October PTA meeting is Tuesday, October 16, at 6:30 PM
Can’t make the meeting? Join us on Facebook Live! https://www.facebook.com/keypta.org/
The Key School PTA is an association of Key parents and teachers who want to be actively involved in the education of children at Key School and in Arlington County.
Our mission is:
- To support the educational activities at Key School. We do this through providing teachers with extra money for books, school supplies, field trips, and improvements in the use of technology at Key. We established through the National Wildlife Federation a Certified School Yard Habitat. We also fund part-time assistants in the areas of math/ science, computer technology and language arts. We sponsor a school wide arts enrichment program, a book fair, after-school enrichment classes, and a variety of workshops and programs that concern educational issues affecting our children.
- To serve as an important advocacy organization for Key School and our children. We work to influence the Arlington County School Board, County Board, the State Legislature and their respective staffs to make decisions that are in the best interest of the Key School population.
Volunteer–Share your Time, Expertise, and Energy
There are many ways to be involved at Key School. Whether you volunteer to assist in the classroom, accompany a class on a field trip, help plan a social event, obtain donations for the silent auction or plant flowers in the Key schoolyard, your involvement at Key has an invaluable impact. Every effort frees a teacher for more direct contact with students or gives our children the care and attention they deserve. Please visit the volunteer pages on this site for more information about how you can get involved.
2018-2019 Key PTA Executive Board
- President: Dedra Curteman, email@example.com
- President-Elect: Alicia Rich, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Susan Gillan, email@example.com
- Communications Chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- External Affairs Chairperson: Erin Freas-Smith, email@example.com
- Internal Affairs Chairperson: Eraina Reed, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fundraising Chairperson: Jenny Roahen Rizzo, email@example.com
- Secretary: Jalane Daschke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Secretary: Michelle Akerman Posner, email@example.com