The mission of the Key Library/Biblioteca Key is to:
- engage and inspire students
- promote a love of reading
- collaborate with teachers to teach research skills
- foster lifelong learning
The Library collection has more than 26,000 resources. The collection is mainly comprised of books–picture books, easy readers, fiction, non-fiction, biography and reference. To browse the online library catalog, click on the Online Catalog/Catálogo en Línea link on the left or the Destiny Discover link below.
The library is available for checkout from 8:55 a.m.-3:41 p.m on most days. Each class visits the library once a week for a scheduled library time assigned by the teacher. Also, teachers may sign up for additional library times for their classes to conduct research or activity based lessons relating to curriculum being taught.
The library has a fixed/flexible access schedule which means:
- All classes have a fixed weekly checkout time
- All students and teachers are encouraged to use the library throughout the school day
- Teachers may sign up for additional time for research
- Students may checkout books during open checkout
Students check out books in Spanish and in English to support the immersion program.
Guidelines for checkout are as follows:
- Pre-k and K checkout 1 book at a time.
- 1st Gr. – 2 books (1 Eng. & 1 Spa.)
- 2nd Gr. – 2 books
- 3rd Gr. – 3 books
- 4th Gr. – 4 books
- 5th Gr. – 5 books
To access databases outside of school, click on the Destiny Discover link above and follow these steps:
Login using your Destiny Discover account.
- For students this is your (library number and APS assigned password)
- For staff this is your MyAccess username and password
- Click Submit
To access the online catalog in school, click on the Online Catalog/Catálogo en Línea link on the left or the Destiny Discover link above and search for library materials.
To access the following databases inside school simply click on the icons. To access databases outside of school use the following:
- Students- library number and APS assigned password
- Staff- MyAccess username and password
Contact us at: Ask@ KeyLibrarian: